For Refugees and Migrant Communities
ONE STOP SHOCK: The essential list for everything recovery for Refugee and Migrant Communities http://stalbans.gen.nz/?attachment_id=3513
“New to Christchurch? Useful tips for migrants”
(from PROMED website)
- Lifestyle Improvement: activesmart.co.nz
- Medical Support Groups: nzord.org.nz
- Finding A Health Service: webhealth.co.nz
- Medication Information: medsafe.govt.nz
Skylight Trust – Skylight is a registered New Zealand not for profit trust offering services to those facing tough times of change, loss, trauma and grief – whatever the cause, and whatever their age. They have listed below an extensive list of web links providing high quality information to assist you, and those you support, through tough times following the earthquakes and aftershocks.
- Stressed Out? – some posters to print out for all ages
- Factors That Can Help Build Up Resilience – as offered on Radio NZ.
- Helpful Links to Articles on Breathing – how to breathe to destress and relax
- For Organisations, Employers or Managers – Support grieving staff, their families, clients and customers after the earthquake. Click Here
- Useful information about understanding post traumatic stress and grief, and ways to cope with it and look after yourself and others. Click Here
- For Parents and Families – Ideas about understanding and supporting Children and Teens. Click Here.See the activities and links available in our children’s and youth pages.
- For Professionals and Support Workers – Information and resources for those assisting people of all ages affected by the earthquake. Click Here
- Skylight Earthquake Aftermath Resources – See the range of earthquake aftermath resources in our shop, and the activities and links available in our children’s and youth pages.
- Earthquake Crisis Phone Counselling – Skylight offers phone counselling for those directly impacted by the Christchurch earthquakes. Telephone 0800 299 100 between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. Leave your name and phone number, and then a professional experienced in trauma and grief support will call you back within 1-2 hours of your initial call.
Community Energy Action -offers free advice on insulation, heating options, subsidies and more. Tel: 0800 388 588
Human Rights Commission – The Human Rights Commission runs “clinics” around the Christchurch. If you would like to talk about human rights issues, call either Zheela Vokes on 03-353 0956 or email at email@example.com or call Karolin Potter on 03-353 0957 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also talk to you about the educational sessions we run including human rights in your workplace, how to make a human rights complaint, about bullying and harassment, disability and employment and many other issues. You can meet us at a “clinic” or you can meet us in our office, or we can come to you where you are. Just call 0800 496 877 and ask to be put through to one of the Christchurch-based staff.