Things are looking up for the Edgeware Village. Bailies Irish Bar, which used to be in Cathedral Square in the now demolished Warners Hotel, has found a new home on the site of the former 1066 Bar and TAB.
Now with a new roof, strengthened and refurbished the bar is now open for business. It’s early days yet and drinks and bar food are offered, with plans for more substantial food later.
The Bar is the second repaired or reconstructed building to open in the Village and joins the supermarket as one of the key attractions or services to open after the 2010/2011 earthquakes. Visitors to the bar will find some familiar features – old furniture, posters and mirrors adorning the walls. These give the bar a homely feature and the Edgeware Village something that has been missing for a long time, a comfortable place to meet friends and enjoy a drink.