St Albans Community Organiser
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for community led development and a desire to help shape the direction of the St Albans Community.
The St Albans Residents Association (SARA) has been growing the vibrancy and health of the St Albans Community for over three decades. We require someone able to facilitate the involvement of local residents in this development.
We are looking for our new organiser to:
- work with the SARA Management Committee to manage the effectiveness of SARA.
- partner with the St Albans Community Strategy champions and project managers to implement current projects and develop future projects.
- increase the number and diversity of people involved in local St Albans projects and build the community’s capacity.
- use SARA’s current communication tools to improve the exchange of local information.
- Increase community impact on decision making through a major focus on creating a community that is more willing and able to partner with local and national government.
- Develop and nurture ongoing and new relationships and networks.
This role is dynamic and with the support of a committed management committee, skilled volunteers and SARA’s long history and involvement in the St Albans Community our community organiser will help shape the development of our community.
The role is part time. Approx. 20 hours per week. The funding for the position has been secured for a 12-month contract with the desire to grow this to a permanent full-time position.
How to Apply:
If you are as impassioned about the movement toward local community led development as we are and think you have the communication and management skills for this role, please send us:
- Your CV.
- A cover letter that tells us what community led development means to you, why you want to be part of SARA as well as any relevant projects you’ve been involved with.
Please send all applications to the SARA Management Committee SARA@stalbans.co.nz by Monday 5pm January 12 2016. If you have any questions in the interim, please also direct them to the SARA Management Committee.